Wednesday, April 02, 2008

nice? I dont do nice......

There's alot of time that I look at people and I see a reflection of me. I mean... not a picture of 100kg or looking like a fucking shaven bear... rather, the attitude towards life.

When I came out to work, there is always this need to serve; What you asked are delivered, with a smile and at 120% if I can.
However, as time goes by, there will be people who take the 120%, asked for more, turn around, stab you in the back and expect you to thank them and asked for more.

Eventually, one old Navy LTC's word began to come back to me
When its your ass and my ass on the line, it will always be mine that I will take care... anytime....

That gave me a new outlook in life.... learning that everyone has an agenda and that I will probably be better off serving mine then theirs..i still believe in moral and integrity and all that stuff, but now, I realise that the only way that I can still have my integrity and not having someone imposing theirs over mine is that if I stay on top of everything.... The whole idea here is simple... I do not believe that I am mightier than anybody out there, but I will need to make sure that my own interest are served first and foremost, to be able to still stand tall and keep my belief...

Watching Kingdom of Heaven for the Nth time, I came to realisation that we had only advanced in the ways and doctrine of conflict.... conflict is still rife and the other of the day stays that as long as I am not subjugated, I can keep my say.

While my wife enjoyed having me making silly faces all the time when back home, it all comes down to the fact that, in work or any part of the world out there, while I am working, I will need to advance, be it the dpt, coy or friends, to advance all the common goals....
To give nothing that I am not willing to give and take everything that is deemed my.
As for being nice, sorry, I do not do nice.... If you are in my way, get out of it or get run over.. it is that simple....

For those who do nice, don't... I am asking this very simple, I will not ask for anything that you are not willing to give and for everything that you give to me, you can ask for something that I am willing to give in return.... it is that simple....

No comments: